Spring Family Photo-shoots in Shropshire
Spring seems to be one of the most popular seasons for portraits, and what’s not to love?
You have gorgeous lighting, beautiful budding scenery, and lots of beautifully coloured flowers and stunning blossoms. It’s my favourite time of year.
What to wear can make or break a photo-shoot
Complimentary colours work well. Generally speaking this means the colours opposite each other on a colour wheel. It makes the subject ‘pop’ in the image.
OR Choose beautiful pastel colours which are more prominent in the springtime, along with white and blue hues. Other ‘on-trend’ springtime outfit ideas include floral patterns, which can be incorporated throughout accessories or clothing items. Dresses and skirts are also popular for spring family photos. Pastel colour examples. Pale peach, blush pink, mint green, baby blue, cream, Light grey, soft yellow, spring green and lavender.
Here are a few examples of colour schemes that work well when coordinating your family for a spring family photo-shoot in Shropshire.
1. Choose 3-4 complimentary colours to build your family’s outfits around
2. Stick to a soft, light colour palette
3. Avoid bold colours, neon and black
4. Choose layers rather than coats on cooler spring days
You may also find it helpful to see real-life examples of what works when you’re deciding what to wear.
• You can see some great examples of how families have co-ordinated their outfits over in my portfolio.
• And finally, you can find more outfit inspiration over on my ‘What to Wear’ Pinterest board. https://www.pinterest.co.uk/cathchal1893/spring-photoshoots-what-to-wear/
My most recent favourite Spring image was taken at home on the farm. It was taken in the morning when the sun wasn’t too high in the sky and I chose to shoot this on my Canon 70-200L at 2.8. The sun was behind my subject and the trees shaded Isabelle. Spring blossom can be challenging to shoot but also very beautiful.